Updated: Jan 27
I am sitting here in my recliner chair with my ever-present relaxing cup of hot tea and I was checking in to see how my body was feeling. The answer is I am feeling wired and tired. This usually relates to not enough support for your adrenals. Changing your diet, taking extra supplements and exercise can be a long-term solution for this feeling.
Are you feeling wired and tired? In this time of self-distancing, being over vigilant and wanting life to return to normal – it is no wonder we feel a bit uptight. How are you handling this feeling? Where in your body are you feeling it? I feel it in my head through my chest. I feel like I want to break out of my skin, but I am too tired at the same time.
Let us look at fun and engaging ways other than the traditional yoga, meditation, and visualization techniques to relieve this feeling. Think about all your senses you are not using to help you relax and get grounded with the following seven short term ways to help with this feeling of being wired and tired:
· Humming: reduces blood pressure, reduces stress, slower heart rate, produces powerful neurochemicals such as oxytocin, the “love” hormone
· Consistent exercise: reduces blood sugars, improves thinking/memory, releases pent up energy
· Engaging in frequent intimacy: there is nothing more healing than the human touch – take this quiz to better understand what your loved one needs from a relationship
· Dancing: not only does it help open your 3rd and 4th chakras, it promotes tension relief, fitness, happiness and deepen mind and body connection
· Take a bath: ground yourself by taking a nice long bath with any of the following essential oils, herbs, and crystals: Patchouli, cinnamon, lavender, and bergamot; Garnet, black tourmaline, onyx and smoky quartz
· Drawing Journal: instead of the traditional writing journal, keep a drawing journal where you draw a colorful picture in your journal entry each day
· Plant a new herb or flower: plant a seed, water it, nurture it to life and watch it grow; be happy with your plant; there are many plants that can even help clean the air in your home
Post your thoughts or examples how you are combating your wired and tired feelings on my Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/LumineYourWay